An auto transformer is an electrical transformer with only one winding. In an auto transformer, portions of the same winding act as both the primary and secondary sides of the transformer.
- A range of step-up/step- down auto-transformers 0-110- 220-230- 240V, 50/60Hz.
- Power ratings 100 ~ 5000VA
- Connection made by insulated terminal block
- Windings are covered with metal shrouds
- Insulating rating: Class B
- Used in both Synchronous motors and induction motors.
- Used in electrical apparatus testing labs since the voltage can be smoothly and continuously varied.
- They find application as boosters in AC feeders to increase the voltage levels.
- Power transmission and distribution
- Audio system